Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Did It ! Para Sailing Mirafores

Today was the day, and what a great day it was !  We took a taxi to Mirafores then walked to the area where we did the Para Sailing.  It was a beautiful day and let me tell you being up there being able to look down at everything was great.  We were higher then the Marriot Hotel and any other building in that area.  Looking at the Ocean made it very friendly but cold. :)

Here you can see them helping me into the harness, my pilot is behind me getting the silks unrolled and ready.  You can see the edge of the green, that is where the hill drops off.


They still aren't ready and had me following around so could get in front of the pilot as you can see he is still getting ready.  No I am not getting nervous and had no thought of backing out.  I did volunteer to go first so I wouldn't have second thoughts. :) Not a chance, no second thoughts and I would do it again in a minute !


I am all fitted out and still waiting for the people to help the pilot get the silk ready to go.  Think there was about 7 pilots getting ready to go.  The cost was $50 plus 10 Solos for about 20 minutes of flight, that went really fast.


Finaly the silk is ready and as you can see I am ready to go.  I have some video but will wait on that as need help to get it from the camera to the youtube. let me say it was wonderful and I didn't have one minute of fright.  I just wish I had taken my camera up with me as had plenty of time to take pictures.  Also talked with Dumenico up there, something to see, me and my grandson up at the same time. :)


This is some of the beach we flew over, but I took this picture from the Mall about 4 blocks from where we did the para sailing.Notice the high rock looking hill in the back ground.  Cynthia and Marco's place is on the other side of that in Chorrillos.


This is looking the other direction, the finger of land you see has a restrauant there.  There are lots of suffers on the other side of that finger.  It is to far away for you to see them. 

This shows the Mall that is under where we were standing to take the pictures of the ocean.  This is the food court, there are many little shops on two levels and then the top level is the street.


Yes there is escalators here too, Cynthia said they don't use Llamas all the time. :)



2 comments:

Heather Murphy said...

Hooray Grandma! That is so neat that you did that!

Natalie said...

Wow I did'nt hear any screaming or anything!