Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Market in Chorrillos

Marco took us to a larger Market in Chorrillos this morning and I have a lot of pictures to share with you.  You can buy about anything you want from meat to shoes, or have your shoes repaired. :)  We went after sauces that Cynthia wanted to take home with her, also for food to cook for dinner.  Today is Cynthia's birthday and Marco's mother, Mercedes, is cooking two things that Cynthia is very fond of. 

Here we are leaving but wanted you to see it is gated and Marco had to leave his drivers license with the guard and it was reurned when we left.  Guess this is because of people parking but not shopping but going off to work.


This is the front entrance into the market.


This is another entrance and there is a place to eat to the left of the entrance.


Remember this is just a sample of what you can buy and I didn't take even a tenth of the pictures of the different businesses.




Almost reminds me of Costco :)



A place you can get your shoes repaired, I seen two other places before I snapped this picture.


One of the many places you can buy shoes too.


Fruit and veggies every where you turned but this picture really looked good to me.


Eggs were every where too, here you also see a group of canned peaches.


Cynthia, Mercedes and Marco at the shop that prepares the sauces for you. Cynthia will take them back to the states, freeze them in ice cube trays and have them when she wants them.


On the cornor from that stall was a chicken butcher shop, there was also one across from where Cynthia was standing, in fact there were chicken shops all over the place.  They still had the head and feet on.  It was interesting to watch the women use meat cleavers to chop up the chicken.  You can buy just what you want, the whole thing or pieces.  They even cut it in small pieces for you.


This fellow seen me taking pictures and he hopped over in front of this shop and was happy to have his picture taken. :)


Another man that gave me the thumbs up when I ask him if I could take his picture, he is butchering beef.
 
Another beef market as you can see here they have the whole half beef.


Then you have the fish market too, remember this is all under one roof.


Here you can eat Chevechie, these ladies was ok with me taking their picture.


You can eat here too, but don't remember just what they were cooking up.


Even flowers can be bought.  All in all you can purchase just about anything you would want.  I enjoyed myself very much and could see myself shopping at the market if I lived there, very enjoyable.

No comments: