Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Last Day in Lima Peru


Our last day and Marco wanted me to see this really big Market not far from the Lima Air Port. So here a few pictures from there.  It was really big and clean too.  I was impressed that the flys were almost non existant.

Look at the potatoes, that whole row was nothing but different potatoes.


Look at the giant cauliflowers and cabbages, just about any veggie you could want was in this place.


Bannanas of every kind, we ate a lot of the little finger ones.


Cynthia and Marco are talking with a woman about something that looks like a cherry tomato but was a fruit with a large seed in it.  Kind of sour.




Cynthia, John and Marco again looking at some fruit.


I didn't get close enough or this but that is chickens you can see hanging, with heads and feet still attached.  I watched a woman cutting up a chicken and first she cut off the toe nails then proceded to chop it into pieces.  Yes chop, they use a meat cleaver and with a swift chop they do the job.


This shop is for pig, you can see the hams hanging.


Here is the beef, watched the guy in front slice steak off and it was so thin and he then proceded to filit that out it reminded me of what you would need to make the German dish Roland (spelling is off I am sure)  Anyway steak that is laid out and stuffed then rolled up and cooked.


A drink made from something from the jungle, supposed to be good for cancer paitents we tasted it but not something I would like to drink. :)


I think this is what the drink was made from.  Marco bought two of them brought them home and we threw them out they smelled so BAD!  They were soft with seeds inside them and felt like jello.  UGH !
We left the market and went back to Chorrillos to get ready to leave.  Tried to take a nap but you know how that goes, you always think of something you need to do so the nap goes by the wayside.
We went to the Airport about 8:30 (left the house) and was at the airport by 9:30.  We stood in line and another line and another line, think the next time I travel I will go by car!   Standing in line we got to talking about what is next and I was holding Dumenico's Surfing board so Cynthia snapped my picture and said perhaps that should be what I try next, after the parasailing thing.  Don't think so as you can't see what is in the water so a nice swimming pool is my thing. 


The poor board didn't make the trip intact!  Its nose was hurt so don't think Dumenico will be using it either.
After about 19 hours we were back in Portland and how quiet and tame it all is compared to what we just left. :)  We were so tired was in bed by 9 and slept all night until about 6 the next morning.  I did a few things for the office then headed home.  Stopped to See Melissa, Michael and little Isaac before really getting on the road.  It was 5 pm when I got home, managed to unload the car then sat in my chair from 5:30 until 7:30 napping, got up and went to bed at 8 and slept until 7:30 this morning.  Feel pretty good this morning but sure glad I don't have a job to go to this morning I can just do nothing if that is my desire and guess what, it is!  Maybe by tomorrow I will have my feet under me again.
Good to be home, as I said before, There is No Place Like Home.!
glenna

No comments: